August 30, 2008
Peeved by PhysioProf’s pretensions to domestic godhood, domestic goddess and shrill harpy Isis the Scientist has goaded PhysioProf into throwing down the gauntlet. And now she has foolishly accepted PhysioProf’s challenge to a RECIPE WAR! The Terms of Recipe War are inside the crack.
(1) There shall be nine (9) battles in the Recipe War, each comprising one course in a complete menu, as follows:
fish course I
fish course II
meat/fowl course I
meat/fowl course II
(2) These battles shall occur in sequence on each of nine (9) weeks.
(3) PhysioProf and Isis the Scientist shall engage each battle by posting their recipes on their respective blogs on the Monday of each week of battle.
(4) PhysioProf and Isis the Scientist are on their respective honors not to merely whole-cloth copy published recipes. However, handed-down family recipes or substantially modified published recipes are fair game.
(5) Esteemed readers of PhysioProf and Isis the Scientist shall decide each battle by voting on a to-be-determined third-party free Internet poll site. (I have no fucking clue how the fuck to do this, so if anyone has any ideas, for fuck’s sake please let me know.) The voting for each weekly battle shall end at midnight on Sunday.
(6) The standard for voting to be applied by our readers is in their discretion. However, it is to be hoped that–rather than making this a high-school popularity contest (the winner of which would clearly be PhysioProf)–our readers will attempt to assess the culinary promise of the recipes.
(7) The winner of the Recipe War is the blogger who has won the majority of battles.
(8) The prize for winning the Recipe War shall be the perpetual right to refer to oneself as Baddest Ass Domestic Motherfucking God/Goddess Of The Science Blogosphere Eleventy!!!11!!.