February 5, 2011
one pound hot italian pork sausage
one pound radiatore
one 28 ounce can Muir Glen crushed tomatoes with basil
one cup diced onion
eight cloves garlic diced
300ml full-bodied sake
salt and peppa to taste
grated pecorino romano
(1) Remove sausage from casing and sautee on medium in about two tablespoons of olive oil until fully cooked, breaking up with woode spoone as you cooke.
(2) Remove sausage from pan and put aside on paper towel to absorb excess grease.
(3) Depending upon how much grease is left in pan, add more olive oil if necessary, and sautee onion until translucent on low-medium heat.
(4) Add garlic and continue to sautee until garlic and onion are starting to carmelize. Add some fresh ground black pepper while sauteeing.
(5) Deglaze with sake, and reduce until alcohol is gone.
(6) Add crushed tomatoes and turn up heat to medium-high. Throw radiatore in boiling water and allow to boil for nine minutes (or whatever the brand you buy tells you). Simmer sauce vigorously until tomatoes start to break down, and then add sausage. Cook for a few more minutes until it looks like sauce and add salt to taste.
(7) Put drained radiatore in with the sauce and finish together for a few minutes.
(8) Eat the fucken shitte with some pecorino on itte!